General Health & Wellbeing
A free, fun, and friendly weekly 5k community event. Walk, jog, run, volunteer or spectate – it's up to you! Register on the parkrun website and head up to Tilgate Park on a Saturday morning to join in!
Crawley Weight Off Workshop
Crawley Wellbeing offers a free 12 week course for anyone aged 16+ and with a BMI of 25 or more.
The free workshops consist of:
- 12 weekly 45 minute sessions.
- Weekly advice and support from a trained advisor.
- 12 different nutritional topics delivered each week.
- Weekly exercise sessions.
- Ongoing support to help you reach your goals.
NHS Health Checks
Even though you might be feeling great, if you’re over forty you may be at risk of heart disease, stroke, kidney disease, diabetes or dementia.
A free NHS Health Check can help you reduce these risks and make sure that you stay healthy.
Living Well Programme
The Living Well Programme is a free self-management course developed for people living with any long-term health condition, such as heart disease, diabetes, asthma, arthritis, multiple sclerosis, depression, back pain, chronic fatigue syndrome etc.
They aim to help you to take more control of your health by learning new skills and techniques to manage your condition better on a daily basis. Amongst other things, the course will explore:
- How to manage common symptoms such as pain, fatigue, stress, anxiety, isolation, depression, physical limitations, shortness of breath and poor sleep
- Goal setting and problem solving
- Healthy eating
- Physical activity
- Communication skills
- Accessing NHS services and working with your Healthcare team
- Relaxation techniques
- Positive thinking
- Managing medications
- Breathing exercises
- Apps & online resources
- Budget management
Not only will the course give you new skills to help you to manage your condition and the emotional changes brought about by your condition, it also provides a great opportunity for you to meet other people who share similar experiences.