Code of Conduct
Code of Conduct
We always aim to provide a safe and pleasant environment for our patients and our staff.
To help us provide this, everyone accessing the services of the practice is expected to follow the Practice Code of Conduct.
The Code of Conduct states: Persons attending the practice whether in person or by telephone should behave in a manner that respects the rights of others and the practice environment.
The following behaviour falls outside the Code of Conduct and is therefore considered to be unacceptable:
- Excessive noise which is obtrusive to others
- Use of threatening/abusive/obscene language
- Offensive remarks of a racial, sexual or personally derogatory nature
- Damage to property
- Threatening/aggressive gestures and/or actions
- Inappropriate behavior involving alcohol/substance misuse
- Intimidating, menacing or disrespectful manner
Any person acting in an unacceptable manner will be asked by a member of staff to stop behaving in such a way and to observe the Practice Code of Conduct.
If a person repeatedly fails to observe the Code of Conduct, the ICB will make alternative arrangements for the patient concerned to receive their healthcare. These arrangements will be advised to the patient in writing by the ICB.
Violent behavior is never tolerated and will result in police prosecution of the aggressor and the direct and immediate removal of the patient concerned from the practice list.
To help the practice provide the best possible service to our patients, we would ask you to:
- Tell us if you can't come to an appointment.
- Arrive on time for your appointments.
- Tell us if you change your address, telephone number or email address.
- Show consideration to other patients and staff at the surgery.
- Give your doctor, nurse or other clinician as much information as possible.
- Follow your prescribed and agreed treatment plans.