Back to News
Flu and Covid Boosters
Posted on 20 Sep 2021
We would like to thank our patients for their continued patience whilst we make the necessary arrangements for the Flu Vaccine and Covid Booster roll out.
We were finally given the official confirmation last week, and work is well under way to arrange deliveries, clinics and staff to be in place to deliver this campaign. As you will appreciate, this is a huge undertaking and you will receive an invite as soon as possible.
We will be inviting our patients to book their appointments in line with the original priority groups 1-9. We ask that you do not contact us at this time and wait to receive an invitation from the practice.
Some important points to note are:
- Flu vaccines will be given at the same time as covid boosters
- You need to have a 6 month gap between your second dose and your booster vaccine.
- All boosters will be Pfizer, even if your first and second were AstraZeneca or Moderna.
- You can decline to have either vaccine
- Clinics will initially be held at our Woodlands Site in Tilgate, this is due to the space required for the 15 minute observation period with the Pfizer vaccine.